Fort Connah, located in the Mission Valley of Western Montana, was the last Hudson's Bay trading post built in what is now the United States. The post, which as previously known as the Salish House and started by David Thompson, was constructed by Angus McDonald in 1847 at its current location. Fort Connah is thought to be the oldest still-standing building in Montana. Fort Connah was closed by Angus' son Duncan in 1872, marking the end of the fur trade in the United States.
Fort Connah, and the surrounding site, is actively being restored by the Fort Connah Restoration Society. The Society sponsors historical recreation events several times during the year.